We are currently searching for a Scientific Reviewer to provide services related to the scientific review of small business programs and research contracts. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform administrative review of grant applications and contract proposals to assure completeness.
- Identify specific areas of scientific expertise required for review.
- Identify conflicts of interest to address prior to review.
- Search available databases/resources for potential reviewers.
- Prepare and prioritize potential reviewer lists.
- Make initial contact with potential reviewers to ascertain interest and availability.
- Attend review meetings, take notes.
- Prepare summary statement drafts for further processing by Deputy Chief.
- Identify specific areas of expertise for peer review panel, searches databases and resources and prepares lists of potential reviewers.
- Perform administrative review of research grant applications.
- Prepare preliminary drafts of summary statements.
- Validate and enter information into databases.
- Identify involved persons who must be on a conflict of interest list and identify deficiencies, which must be addressed prior to review.
- Attend peer review meetings to take notes for use when preparing final summary of documentation of meeting proceedings.
- Obtain written critiques from reviewers.
- Evaluate incoming reviews for completeness and accuracy.
- Analyze scientific content of grant applications.
- Mentor and trains staff on scientific peer review processes and procedures.
- PhD in Physiology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology, Cognitive Science and Biopsychology or related field with 3 years of prior experience with Scientific Review.
- Expertise with peer review process for grants
- Understanding and experience with grants and contract mechanisms
- Experience providing administrative summaries
- Anility to conduct literature and database searches
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.