Sr. Scientist (Biological Research) - Cellular Biology
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie Company, is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Sr. Scientist who will contribute to the design and execution of novel multi-disciplinary innovative research. This candidate should possess extensive experience in pre-clinical translational research and discovery. He/She/They will establish and conduct in vitro studies for the pharmacological characterization of novel protein-based therapeutics. This candidate must have a proven record executing protocols on various in vitro cell-based models to help characterize and evaluate biological compounds. This individual will need to organize, analyze, and interpret results independently, come forward with recommendations, present the findings to management or team meetings, and maintain a productive and collaborative laboratory environment consistent with regulatory and company expectations. Experience with immunoassays, as well as other laboratory techniques, is a plus.
All work activities for this position are conducted in compliance with AbbVie's internal and applicable regulatory requirements. AbbVie internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements, and objectives.
- Independently design, plan, execute and interpret complex in vitro and ex vivo pharmacological studies focused on peripheral nervous system function
- Drive the biological science with the goal of lead molecule and/or formulation selection, characterization of MOA using in vitro and ex vivo assays
- Extensive working experience with complex translational peripheral in vivo models
- Extensive working experience culturing primary DRG neurons
- Contribute to the development of translatable models
- Adaptable, creative, and think quantitatively
- Generate detailed and accurate reports of study outcomes
- Analyze and present results to multidisciplinary teams, prepare technical reports and contribute to driving strategy
- PhD-level education in biological science with at least 6+ years of experience
- MS-level education with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in either academic or industry laboratory setting.
- Experience leading preclinical translational cell-based assays and ex-vivo explant models is required.
- Extensive experience with cell culture, histological techniques, ELISA and immunoassays is required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with human tissues is a plus.
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of graphing software (e.g., GraphPad prism) and basic understanding of statistical analyses is a plus.
- Exhibits flexibility and a commitment to scientific excellence.
- Highly motivated, hands-on experimentalist who thrives in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.