Director/Sr. Director, Program Management
Locations: Remote, United States | Hayward, California
Director/Senior Director, Program Management will be responsible for providing tactical and strategic leadership of the cross-functional drug development activities of pipeline products at Arcus as well as external collaboration teams. The Program Manager serves as a strategic partner to program team leaders in the execution of the strategic vision of the clinical program. You will drive the development and execution of high quality, global, integrated program plans in support of the overall program strategy. You will be responsible for leading day-to-day activities of the therapeutic area and asset life cycle team(s), with the goals of driving cross-functional coordination and communication and supporting the development of comprehensive risk identification & mitigation strategies to ensure the program goals are successfully executed within agreed budgets and timelines. In addition, you may be asked to lead and/or participate in special department, cross-functional, or team programs.
Particular focus for this role will be in early phase development with an emphasis on FIH/healthy volunteer, phase 1, and clinical pharmacology studies, along with oversight of the transition of assets from discovery to development. Additional experience in Development Review Committee governance and process is welcomed.
- Collaborate with the Program Leader to create and maintain the lifecycle strategy and strategic context, target product profiles and overall development plan
- Partner with Program Lead to provide project management leadership and execution activities between external partners and Arcus teams.
- Develop and execute integrated cross-functional project plans with established goals, milestones, timelines and budget to enable program analysis and planning
- Direct day-to-day program activities to meet milestones; monitoring critical path activities to ensure delivery of program objectives
- Drive planning for key drug development stage-gate decision points (e.g., First in Human, End of Phase 2, Filing, and Launch)
- Champion best practices in Program Management, including the use of agendas, minutes, dashboards, maintain document repository, establish and implement templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, communication, and effective planning
- Drive alignment, collaboration, accountability and goal achievement within project teams
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared program goals
- Conduct risk management, contingency and scenario planning using a variety of program management tools
- Identify program issues or resource gaps and facilitate resolution
- Communicate program information and support development of program presentations to senior leadership, functional heads, and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Contribute to budgetary planning at the program level
- Facilitate adherence to Arcus’ governance processes; work with the key stakeholders to prepare for those interactions; lead/support as appropriate, depending on the topic. Ensure implementation of governance decisions.
- If relevant, collaborate with Alliance Management for corporate partnership(s) to facilitate conduct of governance committees and working groups and ensure timely delivery of contractual obligations
- 12+ years' experience with BS/BA or 10+ years with graduate degree in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry, preferably in commercial, business development, or project leader/project management role.
- 5+ years in a drug development project/program management role
- Knowledge and experience in oncology and immunology.
- Track record of leading development programs through preclinical and clinical phases of development.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development pipeline including: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory.
- A proven record of implementing Program Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Visio.
- Outstanding influencing skills up, down and across the organization including executive/senior management.
- Strong written and verbal communication and be able to communicate effectively across functions and different levels of leadership.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and be able to work as collaboratively a team member in a fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Expertise to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based matrix environment as well as the ability to function independently as appropriate.
- Flexible to accommodate changes in team and project needs.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and have a strong attention to detail while understanding the higher-level strategy.
Arcus Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer.