Director, Global Transfer Pricing
The Director, Transfer Pricing and Tax is responsible for all of the Company’s transfer pricing matters, including global transfer pricing compliance, audit defense and operational tax issues associated with related party transactions. In addition, the Director works with other U.S. tax team members on U.S. international tax related matters. The Director, Transfer Pricing and Tax fulfills these responsibilities through individual contributions, management of third party consultants, and collaboration with global BioMarin colleagues.
- Manage global transfer pricing compliance related to U.S. contemporaneous documentation, OECD standard documentation and local country transfer pricing requirements
- Manage the day-to-day transfer pricing matters for business and operation
- Assist tax controversy related to transfer pricing matters and handle TP requests from tax authorities and auditors
- Together with the Senior Director, International Tax, maintain and implement global transfer pricing policies
- Conduct functional interviews
- Work with other U.S. tax team members on U.S. international tax compliance such as CBC reporting, Form 5471 reporting, etc.
- Participate in international tax planning
- Closely monitor global tax changes and assess the transfer pricing impact on BioMarin
- Work closely with the accounting team to address their needs and questions on inter-company transactions
- Support quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Financial modeling including headquarters cost allocation and tax-effected TP model forecasting
- Other duties and ad-hoc finance projects as assigned
- Advanced degree (e.g., Ph.D., MBC, JD) or equivalent certification (e.g., CPA, CFA , ASA)
- Progressive responsibility and leadership in a transfer pricing role at a Big 4 public accounting firm, law firm, or tax department of a Fortune 500 or equivalent corporation
- Strong understanding of finance, valuation and economic concepts.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to extract, analyze and review data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Detailed-oriented individual who is self-motivated and takes ownership of projects.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- 10 – 15 years of total experience with various aspects of transfer pricing with increasingly responsible duties over time
- 5-10 years of public accounting experience, Big 4 preferred
- 5-10 years of corporate tax, transfer pricing and economic analysis experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with specific duties listed in the “Responsibilities” section above
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.