Country Manager (mainland China)
Country Manager (mainland China)
Territories: Mainland China, excluding Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
Report to: APAC General Manager
This role will be responsible for leading the execution of PacBio commercial strategies, ensuring budgeted annual sales objectives are met and exceeded within designated territories.
- Responsible to build and lead the mainland China commercial team to support business growth.
- Responsible to achieve and/or exceed mainland China revenue target, annually and quarterly.
- Develop, implement, and execute against the country level commercial and strategic plans to meet enterprise level objectives, including all localization requirements to facilitate growth.
- Focus on developing, implementing, and monitoring regular business reviews and quarterly growth plans.
- Identify key near and long term needs to execute against a clinical market strategy meeting local regulatory requirements and key market needs.
- Manage and track opportunities diligently using SFDC. Build China territory business plan and have monthly reviews with APAC management team.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate communication and engagement with APAC management and marketing team to ensure effective and consistent go-to-market strategy within China.
- Ensure that channel partner/s or local distributors are properly trained and resourced to carry out responsibilities. Leveraging their coaching skills to influence distributors throughout the entire sales cycle. Complies with legal training when working with channel partners.
- Build relationships with all levels of distributors as well as directly with key customers and KOLs.
- Execute regular pipeline reporting and forecasting calls with local distributor.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders and stakeholders and work to develop them into reference sites.
- Lead and be responsible for the overall commercial activities in China, including sales, marketing, support, sales operations and finance thru direct reports and indirect reports.
- Lead China sales team members to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts.
- Country leader to champion country requirements and mindshare in order to build a foundation for long term growth.
- Ensure a high level of liaison with APAC Marketing, Support and Commercial/Sales Ops teams to ensure coordination of activities and successful implementation of APAC strategy and common goals.
- Coordinate leads generation activities with Regional Marketing and Distributors to ensure strong pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Help to coordinate regional events e.g., conferences, user group meetings, seminars, workshops, seminar series, etc.
- Identify, elevate brand awareness, and increases market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities through various strategies.
- Inspire and motivate team members to achieve projected sales plans.
- Prepare and present monthly and/or quarterly business reviews for performance monitoring and corrective actions.
- Create a sense of urgency and drive accountability within the regional team to meet both financial and strategic goals.
- Ensure that the company's vision, mission, and values are adhered at all times.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.