Senior Project Manager - Post Diagnosis Team
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
This position will be providing project management expertise and support to one of GRAIL's lifecycle teams or business programs, ensuring all project milestones and deliverables are met and that activities are well executed and managed.
This role will work with international collaborators through joint project team(s). This person will collaborate on the clinical development plan aspects of the life cycle plan specifically developing a companion diagnostic. The successful candidate will partner with the team leader to optimize the team's effectiveness and decision making, facilitate team building and communication, build and drive timelines to keep project(s) on schedule and collaborate with program management ("PMO") leadership.
• Establish and maintain functionally integrated project timeline and other tracking tools to enable accurate project management across various functional areas.
• Schedule, organize, and drive team meeting(s): prepare and distribute agendas/minutes; track action items, and call out areas of concern to the appropriate management entity.
• Facilitate communication of working group issues & outcomes to the program team leadership.
• Lead the interfaces between functional areas and ensure effective handoff and communication between department functions to execute on meaningful project milestones. This includes regular interactions with functional heads for resource management.
• Interacts with working group leads and/or SMEs to prepare status reports, specific project updates, and scenarios.
• Resource management including timelines and deliverables with other business program managers.
Your Background Includes:
• A minimum of a BA/BS in a scientific field is required, while an advanced degree is desirable in a subject area related to device, diagnostic, and/or drug development.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of multi-disciplinary experience in the device/diagnostic/biotech industry, with 3-5 years of direct project management experience on interdisciplinary or cross-functional product development teams focused on clinical development ideally of a companion diagnostic. Project Management Certification (PMP or equivalent) is a plus.
• Understanding of CLIA/CAP, FDA regulatory processes and prior experience with regulatory filings with Device/Diagnostics.
• Experience working under design control.
Key Attributes for a successful candidate:
• Proactive/not passive: Motivated to solve problems and create situations to move forward while keeping the whole team intact through positive energy.
• Communication: Can distill complex scenarios/ideas into clear messages and next steps to a broad audience
• Adaptive: Can pivot quickly to new insights, direction and process while being grounded in defining what success looks like.
• "Edge": Comfortable in tough situations, can be relied on in tense circumstances, and will face difficult challenges with diplomacy and self-assurance. For example, comfortable influencing the decision-making of others internally, across functions/team, and at any level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ("Agreement"). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team .