Sr. Maintenance Technician
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Sr. Facilities Maintenance Technician is a skilled position responsible for both predictive and preventive maintenance of all equipment/systems on a diverse range of systems. This includes facilities utilities, GMP clean utilities, and GMP process equipment in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry. This includes not only the physical and skilled aspects to the job, but also planning work and working with software systems to document work performed according to Good Documentation Practice (GDP). This positions also support SOP revisions and quality systems for CAPAs, Investigations, and Change Controls.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Provide technical and mechanical support on all GMP and Non-GMP systems for pharmaceutical vial filling operations.
• Performs routine Preventive Maintenance (PM) on equipment and systems.
• Execute work orders and document work performed in SAP per Good Documentation Practice (GDP).
• Respond to emergency and alarm conditions and be on-call per scheduled times for emergency service calls and must respond to the site to repair/address issues.
• Perform Corrective Maintenance (CM) on equipment/systems, which includes RODI, WFI, boilers, chillers, Biowaste System, Clean Steam System, Industrial HVAC, Compressed Gases.
• Oversee the work of outside contractors performing work in the facility.
• Evaluate potential impact to system per current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) when planning and scheduling work, and openly communicate impact with department management and ensures consensus for repair.
• Maintain a professional, courteous, respectful relationship with internal customers.
• Seek ways to increase operational efficiency and reliability as continuous improvements to all processes.
• This position requires multiple craft experience in the maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment with biological processes and systems and must have experience in troubleshooting complex and specialized equipment.
• Requires vaccination against different viruses including vaccinia virus.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Minimum of High School degree and 6-years’ experience in maintenance
• 2-year techincal degree strongly preferred.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.