Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Powerhouse Craftworker is primarily responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant. Each boiler operator is responsible for a shift and capable of making crucial decisions based on knowledge of the heating plant and campus. Perform Corrective and Preventative Maintenance to stream, water, utility distribution equipment and systems, and provide technical support to other Facility Services teams, Engineering Projects, and other departments. Comply with all cGMP, GDP, EHS, DEQ, and all applicable codes.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Powerhouse Craftworker is responsible for the safe operation of boilers and their ancillary equipment
• Record operating parameters and maintain the logs and records of powerhouse and campus steam generation equipment
• Execute preventive and corrective work orders on steam generation machinery
• Take and perform chemical analysis of boiler water and condensate samples
• Maintain campus compressed air equipment and record compressor and air dryer parameters
• Monitor and maintain the operational readiness of campus emergency diesel generators
• Complete evaluation of failed equipment outside of normal shift schedules as the first point of contact from maintenance
• Monitor campus machinery and document operating data
• Perform various SAP functions for Deviations, CAPAs, and Change Control and SOP revisions
• Complete and maintain training requirements
• Obtain and maintain a current and detailed knowledge of cGMP
• Participate in special projects as assigned by management
• Seek ways to increase operational efficiency
• Provide technical support for engineering projects within their functional area
• Craftworker will assist other trades as required
• Provide set-up and logistical support for VIP visits and on campus corporate functions
• Perform campus snow removal and maintenance as required
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• HS Diploma/GED
• 5 years of general maintenance experience is required
• Prior cGMP experience is strongly preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and with SAP preferred
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority
• Must be customer service and quality driven
• Steam Engineering Certificate or Boiler Operator License
• 5 years of experience in steam generation operations may be accepted in lieu of certification or licensing
• Operators must have basic knowledge how to navigate through GMPH and BMS (Siemens) Systems
• Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of Emergent and the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. This includes FDA regulations such as cGMP, GDP, EH&S regulations, and company regulations such as the employee handbook
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.