Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Flow Cytometry
We are currently searching for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Flow Cytometry to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and is on-site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform multi-parameter flow cytometry immunostaining, instrument set-up, sample acquisition and data analysis, with minimal supervision with accuracy and precision according to the College of American Pathology (CAP) regulations for laboratory operations, quality control and safety.
- Perform laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Data analysis using software and other FACS related analysis tools.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and initiate or take corrective action to maintain stain quality, including detection of reagent problem, equipment malfunction or need to replace reagents.
- Modify or adapt new methods, techniques and technical procedures to correct deficiencies and to build, improve and expand services in the specialty area of flow cytometry.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures when test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results; correct problem or notify staff; document all corrective actions taken.
- Communicate and consult with pertinent medical personnel regarding collection procedures; troubleshoot any problems with the specimen or documentation.
- Follow all aspects of laboratory safety and Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement (QC, QA/QI) policies and procedures.
- Document all quality control activities, instrument calibrations and maintenance
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Organize daily work-load based on priorities, rotation schedule and needs of the laboratory and patients.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in science related discipline and MT (ASCP) certification required.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in flow cytometry (preferred), particularly working with BD FACSCanto II analyzer and FACSLyric cytometers and related software.
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 pounds.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.