Vice President, Oncology
The Vice President, Oncology will be responsible for the planning, management and execution of the clinical development and life cycle management program for the Oncology therapeutic area.Responsibilities
- Lead the design, planning and execution of clinical development and translational research plans designed in support of bringing Corcept’s oncology molecules to patients.
- Lead multi-functional development and translational science team for the Oncology therapeutic area.
- Partner effectively with key stakeholders on the senior management team, operations/laboratory, marketing and sales to generate buy-in and execute on product strategy.
- Prepare and be accountable for study and research budgets for the oncology program in collaboration with clinical operations and R&D finance.
- Conceive, implement, and lead validation studies for possible companion diagnostic products with internal and external collaborators. Participate in data generation and analysis and clinical study report conceptualization, development and writing to support global regulatory submissions.
- Participate in appropriate regulatory discussion and activities, including the preparation and filing of IND’s, CTXs, NDA/MAAs, throughout the development cycle.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other functions, e.g. clinical operations, safety, biometrics, regulatory, medical writing, medical affairs and commercial.
- Interact with key opinion leaders on collaborative research and development project and validation studies.
- Manage, synthesize, and incorporate expertise/feedback from key opinion leaders, scientific and medical advisory board members, key customers, and other members of the research and development team to maintain a forward-looking strategic plan.
- Build relationships with key clinical customers.
- Publish and speak at conferences on our oncologic research and study results.
- Operate within Compliance Guidelines at all times.
- Travel required.
- MD, with relevant clinical and research experience (e.g. MD, PhD), preferably with board certification in oncology or international equivalent.
- 10+ years of clinical development experience within oncology in pharma and/or biotech.
- 5+ years in a senior leadership position.
- Ability to communicate at a strategic level with experience presenting plans, strategies and results to senior management.
- Proven direct and indirect leadership skills with the ability to attract, develop, and inspire a team; bridging and enhancing cooperative working relationships.
- Proven ability to lead and execute clinical studies in collaboration with medical groups, institutions.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, planning and execution skills.