Manager Maintenance - AML6 Drug Substance
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Manager Maintenance AML6 Drug SubstanceLiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be responsible for the leadership and execution of maintenance activities in accordance to the production schedule and compliance requirements. You will assure process reliability by providing effective management of the Maintenance Program and associated resources. Converts the organizations asset management strategy into workplace activities, provides technical expertise, strategic direction and management to a multi skilled maintenance work force from the AML6 Drug Substance Manufacturing Plant in a non-standard shift operation.Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports the development of a Maintenance Vision, Mission, Strategies, and Goals that provides a guide to becoming the best Maintenance Organization.
- Leads a group of Maintenance Technicians, determines workloads, and prioritizes daily activities. Responsible for the training, quality of work, objectives and performance evaluation of the assigned staff members.
- Responds to corrective maintenance activities and advises the work of the Maintenance Technicians to make the necessary repairs in a timely & effective manner and find solutions for equipment issues.
- Responsible for the productivity and quality of work of assigned Staff Members. Maintains an environment that promotes maintenance flexibility, consistent maintenance practices, and efficient operations.
- Leads the plant preventive maintenance and calibration programs. Assures the execution of programmed maintenance activities in accordance to stipulated targets, compliance requirements, and windows of opportunity.
- Ensures key performance indicators are gathered and reported for equipment reliability, maintenance execution, and planning / scheduling business flow process.
- Supports, maintain and improve the Maintenance Planning and Scheduling business flow process.
- Uses the CMMS system to document activities, prepare reports, and analyzes data to identify trends and takes appropriate corrective action and/or makes recommendations.
- Generates applicable documentation to update CMMS, Spare parts, and others as part of the planned jobs activities.
- Review, modify and/or generate Standard Operating Procedures, Trainings and Job plans for the managed areas. Provides job instructions and technical advice to follow standards, codes, best practices, or others as applicable.
- Responsible for the Staff Members instruction and continuous development. Manages the Staff Training Profile and ensures that Staff is technically trained in complex maintenance activities as measured by skill assessments.
- Implements Safety programs on managed areas to ensure a safe work environment. Responsible for on-the-job safety and housekeeping in the maintenance shop and operating areas.
- Generates and manages equipment/systems Change Controls and executes CAPA records requirements and supports validation activities.
- Leads and/or supports investigations for Quality deviation events and supports compliance audits.
- Maintenance area continuous improvement process and initiatives and uses Lean / 6Sigma methodologies to drive efficiencies.
- Has contributory responsibility for expenses and budget assigned to the Maintenance Section.
- Spearheads the logistics and execution during programmed plant slowdown/shutdown periods.
- Develop and manage good working relationships with internal/ external customers, contractors and suppliers.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients! The Manager Maintenance professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree & 5 years of Maintenance / Engineering experience in a GMP environment
Masters degree & 3 years of Maintenance / Engineering experience in a GMP environment
Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources.Additional Preferred Qualifications are:
- Educational background in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical and/or Industrial)
- Progressive technical/managerial experience in the maintenance / engineering field.
- Operational and maintenance knowledge of industry equipment, facilities, and its applicable compliance regulations and maintenance programs.
- Experience with reliability practices, and predictive/preventative programs and familiarity with validation process and cGMP documentation.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills with the knowledge of Staff Relations concepts, with the ability to coach, mentor, and counsel staff members.
- Experience in a demanding role with a high degree of organizational skill, negotiation, collaboration, and a strong sense of urgency; able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Lean/6 Sigma work environment experience. Green, Black Belt or other Continuous Improvement certifications with a demonstrated continuous improvement orientation in producing upgraded systems, processes and preventive measures.
- Ability and flexibility to manage and support a 24/7 continuous operation within a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to produce high quality reports and deliver presentations to multiple levels of the organization.
- Advanced computer skills, solid understanding on MS Office suit and working knowledge of CMMS Systems.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us: careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.