Specialist Software Engineer
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.What You Will Do
Does the thought of building an entirely new site, from the ground up excite you? Do you love building and developing robust teams? If you have a passion for talent development and want to join Amgens mission to serve patients every patient, every time then check out this exciting new opportunity!
Be part of Amgen's newest and most sophisticated final product assembly and packaging plant. When completed, the Amgen Final Product facility will combine the latest in robotic and automated technologies to allow for maximum operator efficiency in operations. The Final Product facility will not only feature the best in-class device assembly and packaging technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgen's plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.Responsibilities Include
- Collaborate with business partners and other software engineers to develop and deploy the latest, advanced technologies in support of product manufacturing optimization
- Manage and/or support the execution of a varied portfolio of IS projects with appropriate portfolio planning, resource and risk management and financial management for the portfolio.
- Work closely with the delivery and platform teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with standard city planning approved architectural and development guidelines
- Lead selected efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) automated solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand how automation can improve workflow and productivity
- Synthesize requirements from end-users, application architects, and cybersecurity experts to develop the best automation solutions.
- Work closely with other business and IS Process Engineers to identify opportunities to stop inefficient practices, simplify business processes, and codify into automated solutions and platforms.
Masters degree and 2 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Project Management experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Project Management experienceOr
Associates degree and 8 years of Information Systems and/or Business Analysis and/or Project Management experiencePreferred Qualifications
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field
- Industry experience with software development of augmented reality solutions and digital twin manufacturing environments, especially with packaging
- 5+ years experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating automated solutions across SaaS, Cloud, On-prem and custom software developed platforms
- Experience with several Industry 4.0 technologies is a plus including, but not limited to Process Modeling and Simulation, Data Driven Process Control, Internet of Things, Automated Warehouse solutions, and Automated Guided Vehicles. Some specific technologies and capabilities include:
- Methods and technologies to support Manufacturing Data integrations (e.g. SQL, Web Services/messaging, data mapping)
- Korber PAS|X, OSISoft PI, VeevaVault, iWAREHOUSE, Systech, Loftware, VirTECS, Autodesk BIM 360
- Supervisory Control or Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications that support manufacturing, preferably biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or related industry.
- Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies (OSISoft PI RtReports, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Hands-on experience with computerized systems including troubleshooting, reliability, and performance improvements
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Willing and able to learn new technologies at a rapid pace
- Experience or solid understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), 21CFR Part 11 regulations, change control, validation.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
If youre seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, youll find it at Amgen.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.