We are seeking a Sr Data Engineer to join our team to develop and expand digital capability passionate about operations data integration in Process Development!! As part of this role, you will be crafting and developing robust data models, data pipelines and data products as part of a product team of data scientists, business analysts, and software engineers. The team will rely on your expertise in automating the transformation and manipulation of data to generate insights on product complaints & adverse events for Amgen.Responsibilities
- Determine tools and architectures are available for pipeline development based on the data source format and current technologies
- Develop data flow pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various forms, including custom ETL pipelines that enable model and product development
- Build data products and service processes which perform data transformation, metadata extraction, workload management and error processing management to ensure high quality data
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to normalize and clean data in order to produce robust and high-quality data assets
- Support Data Science team with model design by anticipating and engineering features needed to drive model development and insight generation
- Provide clear documentation for delivered solutions and processes, integrating documentation
- Ensure that data engineering applications are aligned with the overall architectural and development guidelines
- Identify and implement internal process improvements for data management (automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability)
- Partner with business stakeholders and other technical team members to identify and acquire data sources that are most relevant to business needs and goals
- Demonstrate deep technical and proven experience in order to propose potential solutions
- Mentor junior data engineers on best practices in the industry and in the Amgen data landscape
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with teams of data scientists, software engineers and business experts to drive insights
- Strong understanding of relevant data standards and industry trends
- Ability to understand new business requirements and prioritize them for delivery
- Experience working in biopharma/life sciences industry
- Proficient in one of the coding languages (Python, Java, Scala)
- Hands on experience writing SQL using any RDBMS (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL, Teradata, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience with Schema Design & Dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with AWS Services such as EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, and API gateway.
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, and Airflow.
- Hands on experience using Databricks/Jupyter or similar notebook environment.
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience working with test-driven development and software test automation
- Experience working in a Product environment
- Good overall understanding of business, manufacturing, and laboratory systems common in the pharmaceutical industry, as well as the integration of these systems through applicable standards.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics!! Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and demonstrates its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and spectacularly improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
We at Amgen are an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.