Specialist Information System Automation Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role!Summary
Amgen is searching for a Specialist IS Automation Engineer who will act as Operations Information Systems (OIS) Automation and Digital project leader for site projects, including expansions and upgrade activities. The individual will build consensus between the individual requirements of facility management, engineering, information systems, and corporate standard architectures to design the project-specific manufacturing systems architecture for project activities. This position requires a solid understanding of programming, design, installation, and lifecycle management of manufacturing process controls, manufacturing applications, IS/IT network, and field instrumentation technologies.
The role also contributes to the OIS, Automation & Digital strategy at the site, outlining roadmaps for technology and integration. This candidate is expected to be proficient and enthusiastic in the areas of Industry 4.0 / Smart Manufacturing and leveraging data and digital technologies to transform manufacturing operations.What you will do
- Automation & Digital Project Leader for site projects, including expansions and upgrade activities, providing day-to-day technical leadership to the project team in all project phases (design, delivery, startup, commissioning, validation, and operational support).
- Support projects business case developing the scope of works, performing cost estimation and project tasks duration
- Ensure the project budget, schedule and staffing is commensurate to enabling the Manufacturing Information & Technology ecosystem to attain the performance standards required to support the business objectives (e.g., Process Control Systems (PCS), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Building Automation Systems (BAS), and other Plant Information Systems)
- Ensure quality of project delivery and adherence to policies, standards, specifications, SOPs, and change management.
- Integrate the requirements of facility management, engineering, information systems, and corporate standard architectures to design the project-specific automation architecture for project activities.
- Support the introduction and implementation of new technologies to the OIS portfolio.
- Manage and support the execution of a varied portfolio of IS projects with appropriate portfolio planning, resource, and risk management, and financial management for the portfolio.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, contribute to key decision-making, and influence the development of business area strategy where appropriate.
- Performs cross-system analysis, feasibility analysis, prioritizes deliverables and recommends the optimal solution.
- Effectively manage relationships with IS service owners, business partners, enterprise IS service partners, and vendors.
- Communicates with multiple levels within the organization, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is a result-oriented individual with these qualifications.Basic education & experience
- Doctorate degree in Engineering
- Masters degree in Engineering & 2 years of IS experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or & 5 years of IS experience
- Travel: Domestic and international travel up to 25% might be necessary
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field
- 5+ years experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating automated solutions in a manufacturing environment with 3+ years of demonstrated ability in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
- Position requires an in-depth knowledge on Emerson Delta V Platform, Supervisory Control or Data Acquisition (SCADA) Rockwell platform
- Data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization, and database technologies (OSISoft PI, RtReports, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Experience with several Industry 4.0 technologies is a plus including, but not limited to Process Modeling and Simulation, Data-Driven Process Control, Augmented Reality, Robots, Cobots, and Internet of Things.
- Hands-on experience with computerized systems, including troubleshooting, reliability, and performance improvements
- Expertise with translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions for automation
- Experience or working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), 21CFR Part 11 regulations, change control, validation.
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new platforms, languages, tools, and technologies
- Understanding of cybersecurity principles as applied to operations technologies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with minimum direction
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Ability to lead multiple tasks and effectively set priorities
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, improve your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment, and inclusion in all that we do. We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply now for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.