Medical Communications Sr Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Medical Communications Sr ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will serve as the US Medical Communication lead for the gastric cancer pipeline with some global support for the solid tumor pipeline/early assets.
- Monitor and analyze medical insights and inquiries to inform development of de novo global and US scientific and medical resources
- Drive and/or support strategy and scientific content development for major scientific meetings and advisory boards.
- Provide scientific support to other Amgen departments
- Develop disease state resources that educate on topics relevant to the therapeutic area
- Review field-based promotional and educational materials for scientific accuracy as part of the Material Approval and Compliance (MAC)
- Respond to US and complex global product-related medical information inquiries
- Understand global landscape (disease, scientific, regulatory, etc.) and apply expertise to development of scientific resources
- Analyze medical literature to inform medical strategies and tactics
- Manage project-associated budgets and vendors
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The hardworking professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience Or
- Masters degree and 4 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience Or
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience Or
- Associates degree and 10 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience
- PharmD, PhD, MD, or DO with 4 or more years of relevant experience in clinical research, patient care, Clinical Development, Medical/Scientific Affairs, and/or basic research (Other doctorate degrees may be considered)
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry, and/or clinical or research experience in the areas of Hematology-Oncology
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- Aptitude in writing and presenting on scientific and clinical data
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills with strong ability for self-direction
- Demonstrated track record of strategic execution in a matrix environment with limited supervision
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Understanding of disease landscape and clinical data to enable critical analysis of scientific literature and communicate implications cross-functionally
- Prior experience of successfully managing consultants and vendors
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Digital Communications
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.