ATO Windows System Administrator
Amgen is seeking a Senior IS Engineer who will support Infrastructure Operations out of ourAmgen Thousand Oaks Manufacturing site, having primary responsibility for activities related to Windows administration, and other current, or new related technologies i - 24x7 regulated, on-call environment.
The Senior Associate IS WindowsEngineer will be reporting to the Information Systems Director at the global Infrastructure team. This position is to be located at our Thousand Oaks manufacturing location and it needs to be near the site since it will require physical presence when required.
The Infrastructure Operations team is the global enterprise administration group that manages physical and virtual hosting including private and public cloud hosting options, operating systems, databases, middleware, storage, and backup. The primary Windows platform supported by this group is Windows 2016 & 2019 servers with a smaller footprint of previous Windows server operating systems, as well as current Microsoft server versions.
Key Activities of the Senior Associate IS WindowsEngineer include:
- Support the Service Owner, full time employees, and managed service provider in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the technology service
- Support the site for any Windows related activity impacting manufacturing systems.
- Ensure service offering is aligned with our key principles of service ownership which include: meeting the needs of the business, cost effectiveness, security, patching, scalability, compliance, reliability, and resilience
- Support monitoring, administration, maintenance, patching, security and troubleshooting of Microsoft technologies, including Windows Server Operating Systems, IIS, Active Directory, Group Policies, and Microsoft Clustering
- Contribute to server design decisions ensuring that application hosting solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, reliability upon deployment
- Support the design, then implementation of enterprise Windows server solutions and IT projects while validating alignment with our strategic goals and technical standards
- Support projects from a technical aspect and provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical staff and Managed Service Providers including installations and upgrades of Operating System, backup/recovery strategies, and high availability configurations
- Contribute to monitoring security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; analyze and support necessary security patch implementations to ensure ongoing system security
- Utilize software and hardware tools to identify, analyze, and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting performance, then investigate and resolve technical issues and assisting in Root Cause Analysis reviews
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Information Systems and/or Windows Administration experience
Associates degree and 6 years of Information Systems and/or Windows Administration experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems and/or Windows Administration experience
- Industry Certifications and experience with Windows server administration
- Direct working experience in installing, configuring, and administering:
- Microsoft Core Infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies
- Microsoft Server Operating System technologies: Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- Previous experience SCCM and Windows patch management experience, including demonstrated knowledge in supporting updates to server operating systems and applications
- Previous experience in Operating System Administration, Performance, Reporting and monitoring needs
- Previous Scripting and ITIL experience and managing regulated systems in the Pharma sector
- Understanding of operating system and network tools for troubleshooting performance issues
- Working knowledge of Clustering and HA configurations
- Solid data-driven problem solving and analytical skills
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.