Sr. Scientist - Autoimmune Diseases
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Sr. Scientist - Autoimmune Diseases Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of the Department of Inflammation Research investigating mechanisms of immune mediated pathogenesis in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases with the goal to develop novel therapies.Position Responsibilities
- Perform cutting-edge research related to autoimmune diseases
- Independently lead a laboratory group, as well as project teams
- Collaborate with other research scientists at multiple Amgen sites, including teams in other functional areas such as Therapeutic Discovery, Medical Sciences, Human Genetics and Computational Biology
- Develop novel immune-modulating therapies using various innovative technologies and approaches
- Manage projects from early discovery through therapeutic development
- Make major scientific laboratory-based contributions to the research goals and milestones of the Inflammation therapeutic area.
- Publish experimental findings in top-tier Journals and present novel findings at national and international conferences
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is an ambitious researcher with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree or
- Masters degree and 4 years of scientific experience or
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of scientific experience
- PhD or MD, with postdoctoral training and research experience in various autoimmune diseases, such as psoriasis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, and rheumatoid diseases
- Experience as independent scientist to lead projects and group is highly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking, creativity and scientific research achievement in the areas of immunology as demonstrated by high impact publications and/or significant contributions to therapeutic programs
- Ability to identify therapeutic targets and lead a team to generate a drug against that target
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and can thrive in a highly collaborative research environment
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: Multi-color flow cytometry, Omics data analysis, Complex cell-based functional assays 3D organoid cultures, Genetic manipulation of cell lines and/or primary cells, Analysis of gene regulation at the single cell level, Cell signaling / biochemistry, In vivo mouse models of disease
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.