Sr Associate Scientist - Clinical Immunology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Associate Scientist- Clinical Immunology
We are seeking a motivated Senior Associate Scientist with experience in the field of flow cytometric single-cell sorting and analysis as applied to research and clinical arenas that utilize human blood specimens or other relevant tissues. Additional experience in confocal microscopy is also desired. This is team-oriented, laboratory-centered role in a dynamic core facility. The applicant will work with moderate supervision and will integrate activities with many scientists that access this core laboratory resource. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Senior Associate Scientist will be accountable for high quality results as related to cell sorting, immunophenotyping and related cell characterization assays while exhibiting and making sure safe working practices throughout. A major emphasis of this position is the ability of the applicant to embrace a role of continuous self-improvement and self-motivation in a team-oriented environment to increase his/her practical scientific abilities - as well as improving the quality of science generated from the facility.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated and outgoing flow cytometrist / microscopist who is energized by interacting with others in a dynamic and fast-paced setting, sharing the common goal to develop therapeutics designed to address unmet medical needs.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will Have the ability to calibrate and operate multiparameter flow cytometers, including cell sorters, with an additional ability to support microscopy experiments as warranted.
- The ability to identify instrument problems and perform basic troubleshooting / remediation.
- The ability to compile multiparameter fluorophore panels that maximize signal while minimizing fluorescence spillover.
- The ability to guide others how to use the facility and to provide wrap-around support when problems arise.
- The ability to work in a biosafety level 2 plus laboratory environment.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Dynamic professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- A minimum of a Masters degree and 3 years of scientific experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of scientific experience
- Education in the life sciences; Prior experience working in a biopharmaceutical company.
- A working knowledge of good documentation practices and scientific conduct as defined by standard operating procedures.
- Prior experience designing high complexity (10 plus color) staining panels.
- A working knowledge of higher-order analytic approaches (e.g., ViSNE).
- A working knowledge of Becton Dickinson flow cytometers and software.
- Basic skills in confocal microscopy and related platforms.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.