Senior GL Accountant
Senior GL Accountant
Allakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases.
Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
- Contribute to quarter-end close processes including, but not limited to, the preparation of general ledger reconciliations and recording of expense recognition journal entries.
- Assist with facilitating key aspects of quarterly reviews and audits of the Company’s financial statements.
- Maintain financial accounting models used to recognize and forecast research and development expenses for activities performed by various nonclinical Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
- Perform detailed reconciliations of purchase agreements, contract budgets, bills, and payments for each of the Company’s primary CROs.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 2 years biotech/pharma industry accounting experience (3-5 years total experience)
- Strong attention to detail, analytical ability, and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience at late stage clinical or commercial stage company strongly preferred
- Experience working with Intacct and/or Oracle Fusion strongly preferred
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Self-starter, independent thinker with ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated and committed to improving processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills, including the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment
The Allakos Values are: Selflessness, Drive, Clarity, Thoughtfulness, Fun, and Leadership
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.