Senior Analyst, US Transparency
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Position: Sr. Financial Analyst
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for data analysis and support of systems and processes used by the US Transparency Reporting team and Financial Compliance. Broadly, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for the execution of the day-to-day operational activities of the US transparency program which includes: Executing key transparency processes - identification, collection and remediation of transparency data; Developing government transparency reports; Interfacing with key business and IT stakeholders to support transparency processes; and Performing analysis of transparency and related data to identify insights. This position will be responsible for validating the accuracy of Healthcare Professional (HCP) & Healthcare Organization (HCO) including Teaching Hospital related spend to meet government transparency reporting obligations. This position requires an individual with strong communication skills, analytical skills, and the ability to identify process improvements and trends within large data sets. This is accomplished by working closely with numerous cross functional teams to confirm the data flow for HCP/HCO spend is collected in a timely, efficient manner. This position will support the Allergan and AbbVie integration until full harmonization in late 2022.
- Independently analyze transactional data identifying patterns, trends or uncover data irregularities by manipulating large data files.
- Perform monitoring to ensure accuracy and consistency of company policies for activities such as speaker programs, lunch n learns, conventions, clinical trials, R&D meetings and advisory boards.
- Lead with collecting, preparing and remediating transparency data for US transparency disclosure.
- Assist in the preparation of transparency reports, submission of changes / corrections to leadership, researching / addressing disputes and adjusting final reports, where necessary.
- Operationalize the monitoring and auditing of spend data available in the transparency solution tool.
- Ensure submissions processes remain timely and resolve data issues with source systems.
- Extract key information and produce clear and concise reports for management.
- Consistently offer ideas for process improvements to streamline processes allowing efficient data correction and improved data quality. Escalate ambiguous problems and provide recommendations to remediate.
- Initiate and implement process improvements across departments and working groups.
- Work in the reporting tool to look up customer expense errors and to clear error queues on a weekly basis.
- Support special project requests for data as it relates to HCP/HCO federal and state reporting.
- Meet deadlines with minimal supervision, balance workload requirements.
- Detailed oriented and demonstrates good organizational and problem-solving skills. Exhibits good oral and written communication skills. Must be adaptable and able to work in dynamic environment with frequently changing rules and priorities.
- Possess good presentation and collaborative skills for delivering results from cross functional projects.
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Understands and applies complex concepts and facilitates interpretation and understanding of data.
- Identifies risks, proposes recommendations and solutions to issues and implements solution for problem resolution.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA).
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of related business experience in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry required.
- Experience with PhRMA code, AdvaMed code, US Federal Sunshine Act, and other areas of Compliance in the pharmaceutical or Life Science industry strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBi) experience.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day).
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.