Associate Director / Principal Investigator/Clinical Biomarkers– Translational Science
Locations: Hayward, California | Brisbane, California
Associate Director / Principal Investigator, Clinical Biomarkers– Translational Science
Arcus Biosciences is an exciting growth company founded on the vision of creating best-in-class cancer therapies. We are an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company leveraging its deep cross-discipline expertise to discover highly differentiated therapies and develop a broad portfolio of novel combinations addressing significant unmet needs.
We have an opening for an Associate Director / Principal Investigator in Clinical Biomarkers– Translational Science with expertise in the development, execution and oversight of biomarker plans for oncology assets. The designation will depend on the number of years of experience. The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing translational plans for Arcus’s clinical pipeline. Particular focus for this role will be to evaluate biological activity and patient selection strategies in early development with an emphasis on FIH/phase 1 as assets transition from discovery to development. The role requires demonstrated expertise in biomarker discovery and development, as well as analysis and data interpretation with an ability to integrate scientific and disease specific contexts. The successful applicant will have strong communication, problem solving and leadership skills needed to build relationships with key stakeholders bridging research and development in a fast-paced environment.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaboratively develop translational strategies which may include patient selection, pharmacodynamic, mechanism of action/resistance, rationale for combination approaches, and other clinically relevant biomarkers translational plans
- Responsible for biomarker analysis and delivery of clinical biomarker results to internal and external stakeholders working collaboratively with Biology, Clinical Science, Biometrics, Bioinformatics, Clinical Operations, CROs, and other groups
- Oversee biomarker assay identification and validation for clinical biomarkers
- Lead cross functional biomarker teams providing expertise, driving decisions as well as enabling execution
- Represent translational science function at project teams, other review forums, and to external groups as needed
- Responsible for authoring the biomarker sections of clinical protocols and regulatory documents; contribute to abstract writing and presentations at relevant conferences
- PhD, MD or equivalent in a relevant scientific field such as oncology, immunology, cell biology or cancer biology.
- 6 + years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, including 2 + years of translational research focused on oncology or immuno-oncology
- Experience in discovery and development of biomarker assays across a broad range of platform technologies (e.g. NGS, IHC, PCR, FISH, flow cytometry, ctDNA, blood-based biomarkers)
- Flexible to accommodate changes in team and project needs and foster teamwork in all settings
- Familiarity with data analysis from IHC, flow cytometry, and gene expression assays
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and have a strong attention to detail while understanding the higher-level strategy
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based matrix environment as well as the ability to function independently as appropriate
- Familiarity with complex data analysis and visualization tools.
- Demonstrate independent thought and creativity
- Strong scientific background in human immunology, immunotherapy, cancer biology, and/ or translational research
Arcus Biosciences, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.