Maintenance Mechanic 1
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Entry level position responsible for the operation and preventive maintenance (per SOP requirements) of all purified water system (RO, DI, WFI) and associated equipment, pure steam generators, plant steam boilers, air compressors, vacuum systems, chillers, HVAC units, and associated equipment, and other miscellaneous equipment that supports the manufacturing facilities.
• Make daily planned inspection of facilities equipment and services. Take action as required.
• Perform various projects including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical projects.
• Execute preventative maintenance and repair work orders.
• Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
• Identify and respond to Quality events to assure protection of manufactured product.
• Write and revise Standard Operating Procedures when required.
• Start-up new mechanical systems under the direction of a Sr. Mechanic.
• Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of equipment and process control systems.
• Maintain quality and integrity of preventive maintenance documentation. This will include interfacing with the Biomarin CMMS program.
• Assist the Maintenance Planner on scope of work when required.
• Provide backup assistance for the Supervisor or lead mechanic when required.
• Other projects/tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
• Maintain communication between each maintenance shifts via the shift pass down updates
High school diploma with 2+ years’ experience.
Mechanical Trade School
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.