Maintenance Mechanic 2
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Responsible for the operation and preventive maintenance (per SOP requirements) of all purified water system (RO, DI, WFI) and associated equipment, pure steam generators, plant steam boilers, air compressors, vacuum systems, chillers, HVAC units, and associated equipment, and other miscellaneous equipment that supports the manufacturing facilities. Able to assist with performing preventive maintenance on process and manufacturing support equipment.
- Make daily planned inspection of facilities equipment and services. Take action as required.
- SME on at least 1 system or equipment. (Utility or process).
- Perform various projects including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical projects.
- Execute preventative maintenance and repair work orders.
- Able to independently perform preventive maintenance or repair work orders with little or no oversight.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
- Revise Standard Operating Procedures when required.
- Start-up new mechanical systems under the direction of a Sr. Mechanic.
- Perform troubleshooting, evaluation, and repair of utility and process systems.
- Maintain quality and integrity of preventive maintenance documentation using the CMMS system.
- Assist the Maintenance Planner or Scheduler on scope of work when required.
- Provide backup assistance for the Supervisor or lead mechanic when required.
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Maintain communication between each maintenance shifts via the shift pass down updates.
- Participate as a BERT team member.
High school diploma with 2+ years’ experience.
Mechanical Trade School
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.