Buyer/Planner, Material Operations
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position is responsible for the procurement and planning of raw materials used in commercial and clinical manufacturing in Novato, CA.
- Purchase Order Management
- PO creation, submission to supplier
- PO maintenance – updates, inquiries, assessment for closure
- Materials Planning/Forecasting
- Determine order requirements thru use of ERP MRP, Min Max system and other electronic reporting tools (consumption, scheduling)
- Procurement Process/Operations and Material Requirements Planning
- Understand and perform applications used in daily job functions
- Suggest improvement opportunities as they impact Purchasing directly or indirectly
- Project/team meeting participation
- Periodically deliver presentations to small audiences
- Update Oracle item master
- Supplier Management
- Generate/deliver supplier scorecards
- Meet with supplier account managers on a periodic basis to communicate forecast and demand requirements based on production plans
- Monitor supplier performance and report outcome to management
- Process goods return to vendor (RTV)
- PO/invoice issue analysis and resolution
Responsible for the procurement and planning of goods and partnering with other groups with to ensure raw materials are available in the right quantity, on-time and at the right cost for the Novato MFG.. It is a non-revenue generating position but contributes significantly to the reduction of both risk and the total cost of goods.
Bachelors Degree or procurement related certifications a plus
Minimum of 2-3 years in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical, regulated manufacturing environment Manufacturing and/or Purchasing Buyer Planner experience is required.
Personal Computer, Monitor, Printer, Keyboard, Mouse, Scanner, desk phone.
Supply Chain Planning and Logistics
No supervisor responsibility
- Demonstrate good judgment on a consistent basis
- Display initiative and self-motivation
- Seek solutions to issues and develop recommendations to management
- Create and deliver clear, concise presentations to larger audiences including higher management.
- Develop more advanced skills in supplier management and supply risk management
- Gain understanding of the Request for Proposal process and lead/assist in the execution
- Gain understanding of supplier agreement content and format
- Conduct simple to moderate level spend and cost/benefit analysis
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.