BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin’s Worldwide Research & Development (WWRD) group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. WWRD involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives
· Support the organization and project management of Expert Advisory Council (EAC) meetings, liaising with external experts, sharing material, project managing EACs
· Collaborate with WWRD Strategic Risk Management lead to plan EACs including cross functional meetings to coordinate content generation ahead of EACs
· Document EAC feedback/learnings and track mitigative actions against risks
· Support the management of WWRD Continuous Risk Management (CRM) platform across programs ensuring risks are identified and tracked
· Collaborate with Strategy, Scientific Collaborations and Policy (SSCP) Executive Coordinator to ensure appropriate contracts are in place to support vendors/services across SSCP, including for Strategic Risk Management and R&D Communications and Engagement
· Document project milestones/deliverables and report progress against team, department, and corporate goals
· Create and maintain project timelines for key activities and ensure that they are functional, consistent and integrated to reflect cross-functional dependencies
· Create and maintain program-specific risk assessment dashboards and management framework
· Manage SSCP meetings where projects will be discussed (schedule, prepare/distribute documentation and ensure action item follow-up; meeting leadership may be required).
· Provide project management support for cross functional meetings including program planning, key action items, and progress on deliverables.
· Create and track progress on milestone program timelines and key deliverables across portfolio.
· Establish personal operational objectives and independently manage workday to ensure they are achieved.
· Assist in the development and documentation of processes and best practices across SSCP, including for Strategic Risk Management and R&D Communications and EngagementSkills
Quantify the scope or impact of the job in terms of revenue, expenses, capital investment, headcount, etc.
Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Uses professional concepts and company's policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
At least 7 years’ experience in project or program management; a minimum of two years’ experience managing teams and team operations.
Pharma/biotech industry experience required.
Experience with MS Office and MS Project Online, or similar scheduling software, required or proven skill at adapting to new software/technology.
Exposure to electronic document management system(s) (EDMS) and registration tracking systems helpful.
The candidate should possess the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team, excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and understanding of biotech/pharmaceutical industry and nomenclature.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Describe the work environment characteristics that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time. Capability of dealing with multiple tasks and clients, in a fast paced environment. Heavy customer interaction skills required.
Bachelor’s degree in a science field required as a minimum
Project Management Professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.