Research Associate, Cell Biology and Drug Discovery
At Hexagon Bio we are leveraging our proprietary genomics-based platform and understanding of natural product evolution to develop the next generation of medicines for human disease. Our interdisciplinary platform uses data science, genomics, synthetic biology, chemistry and automation to discover potent, evolutionarily refined small molecules and their cognate targets directly from fungal genomes.
We have an opportunity for a Research Associate (cell biologist) to join our growing drug discovery team. At Hexagon, you'll be an integral part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team focused on developing next generation medicines. You will use your strength as an experimentalist to assist in designing, developing and optimizing target specific cell assays. You will work with senior scientists to plan, execute, and analyze your experiments and present your results.
What You'll Work On:
- Work closely with scientists to develop assays to support early drug discovery
- Assist in developing cell based assays
- Culture and generate mammalian cell lines
- Write and maintain an organized lab notebook and SOPs
- Manage, organize, and operate lab operations
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science in biology or equivalent field
- At least one year of academic or industry research experience
- Experience with a broad range of mammalian cell culture techniques, standard molecular biology, and biochemistry
- Strong communication and collaborative skills are required
Nice to Have:
- Experience with assay technologies, automation methods and visualization of differential gene expression (lentiviral transduction, shRNA, RNAi, FACS, ELISA, Western blotting, qRT-PCR, RNA-seq)
- Experience in basic biology research, e.g., elucidating protein function and regulatory mechanisms
- Familiarity with genome scale gene perturbation methods (genome scale RNAi screens and CRISPR-Cas9 methods)
- Familiarity developing target specific cell assays, mechanism of action studies, and target engagement methods
- Familiarity with various methods to measure target engagement of small molecules in cells
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.