Software Engineer - Quality Control
OpenEye Scientific, an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
We are currently seeking a professional software quality control engineer to join our team delivering scientific software solutions to drug discovery problems.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement automated test tools suitable for quality assurance of large, multi-platform, suite of scientific software.
- Asses the quality of our software and be an integral part of improving methods that help design and discover novel pharmaceuticals compounds for human health.
- Leverage AWS resources via our cloud platform Orion.
- Interact and consult with scientists and developers.
- Develop multi-platform, multi-language software toolkit, command line and GUI applications, and cloud solutions.
- Help customers solve their drug discovery problems.
What you should have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computational Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5+ years of experience related to software quality control
- Experience with software development, scripting, and data analysis using Python or similar programming tools
- Thorough understanding of professional software development practices & tools
- A curiosity about science, some knowledge of statistics and enjoyment of working with diverse teams is anticipated
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Experience in software development and quality control
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- A curiosity about science, some knowledge of statistics and enjoyment of working with diverse teams
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience working on large scale software projects
- Experience with Orion, Python, C++, Java, C#, cmake, swig, git, Jupyter, conda, pip, Atlassian tools: JIRA, bitbucket and Fisheye in a multi-platform development environment.
This position is available at our headquarters in Historic Santa Fe, NM. Relocation assistance will be provided .
Please submit your cover letter and resume together, as one document.
OpenEye is passionate about the welfare of its employees and offers competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, fitness allowance, 401k retirement plans, paid vacation, paid sick leave, home internet costs, public transportation reimbursement, flexible working schedule, and much more.