Systems Administrator II
OpenEye Scientific, an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
As a Systems Administrator II you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with experience in developing and improving with processes and workflows to increase team productivity. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to automate, incorporate security in every aspect of their work, and always consider how their efforts today contribute to the larger design goals. Projects and daily work will consist of both independent and collaborative efforts. Therefore, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and enjoy collaborating on projects.
What you'll do:
- Develop resources (processes, people, tools, etc) to support the anticipated company growth
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Troubleshoot IT issues raised by other employees (hardware and software)
- Streamline IT processes such as onboarding, offboarding, ordering, support contract renewals.
- Manage and maintain core network services such as DNS, LDAP, Active Directory, SSO, etc.
- Manage application lifecycle (installation + ongoing upgrades) of business applications
- Administrate internal and external business applications.
- Implement and monitor infrastructure backups
- Manage IT hardware lifecycle (research, ordering, installation, configuration, decommission) and inventory
- Maintain diagrams and documentation in Confluence that is useful to others when troubleshooting or integrating with IT systems.
- Follow best practices and implement security from the ground up
- Leverage automation wherever possible
What you should have:
- 5+ years' experience in a user and systems support role
- 5+ years' experience administrating MacOS and Windows environments.
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Solid understanding of Administrating Office 365, Zoom, Slack, and similar SaaS products.
- Proficiency in managing core network systems (e.g., DNS, LDAP, AD, NTP, SSL Certificates, etc)
- Experience writing scripts to automate tasks (e.g., Bash, Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Experience building and maintain mission critical infrastructure.
- Must consider results of actions before taking them (service disruption risk mitigation)
- Must have strong communication and documentation skills.
- Must work well in a team and collaborate with other teams.
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with Virtualization (ESXi/Hyper-V)
OpenEye is not providing work visa sponsorship for this position. Please only apply if eligible to work in the U.S. and will not require work visa sponsorship in the future.
Please submit your cover letter and resume together, as one document.
OpenEye is passionate about the welfare of its employees and offers competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, fitness allowance, 401k retirement plans, paid vacation, paid sick leave, home internet costs, public transportation reimbursement, flexible working schedule, and much more.