Scientific Integration Engineer
**Please submit your cover letter and resume together, as one document.
OpenEye Scientific, an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
The successful candidate will have to help our users to customize and maximize their experience on OpenEye's new, state-of-the-art, cloud-based CADD platform, Orion. You will be part of global support team which is at the interface between OpenEye's internal developers and our customers. You will be working closely with ORION users to help them integrating their data and software into our platform. Also, you are going to support the development of custom, large-scale, highly parallelizable workflows in Orion that fully leverage the power of the cloud.
Your efforts in providing custom solutions to our users will help drive their drug discovery efforts forward. On the other hand, you will need to bring in customer's feedback into the internal development process thus helping us to improve our products. You will need to have a strong understanding of python programming and python-package management. A bonus would be if you have basic knowledge of parallel computing. At OpenEye you will interact with skilled C++ and Python developers as well as DevOps and scientists from different fields (physics, chemists, computational biology). You will fit in if you enjoy writing high quality scientific code and contributing to scientific computations on a large-scale.
What you'll do:
- Supporting the migration and integration of customer data and code into our cloud-based platform
- Write state-of-the-art scientific software tools for drug discovery, mainly in Python
- Work with a variety of software tools (conda, pip git, pandas, flask, aws-services)
- Lead technical presentations and demonstrations to new and existing customers
What you should have:
- Extensive experience using Python
- Ability to independently support different scientific projects
- Willingness to learn about Computational Chemistry problems and methods
- Desire to help customers on diverse IT-related problems
- Good people/communication skills
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Strong ability to work as a member of a team
- Desire to learn new ideas and technologies and to apply them to customer problems
- Experience of the computer-aided drug design (CADD) pipeline
- Familiarity with cheminformatics and/or computational chemistry
OpenEye is passionate about the welfare of its employees and offers competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, fitness allowance, 401k retirement plans, paid vacation, paid sick leave, home internet costs, public transportation reimbursement, flexible working schedule, and much more.