Scientific Support Specialist
OpenEye Scientific, an industry leader in computational molecular design, uses a scientific approach to deliver rapid, robust, and scalable software, toolkits, and technology & design services for the advancement of pharmaceuticals, biologics, agrochemicals, and flavors and fragrances. We are passionate about science and about taking care of our team members, with leaders supporting your development and recognizing your contributions by providing an unmatched total compensation package in a collaborative, caring, energetic and fun work environment.
Are you the kind of person who enjoys helping others overcoming obstacles? Who wants an opportunity to integrate your scientific knowledge while supporting scientists and developers at the cutting edge of drug discovery? Are you organized, detail-oriented, and have a positive attitude? Then this could be the perfect job for you.
Reporting to the VP of Global Scientific Support and joining our expanding Support Team, the Scientific Support Specialist will be responsible for providing front-line support to a broad range of scientists and programmers. A highly motivated applicant will find exciting challenges in a position where no two days are the same. Assisted by experienced and knowledgeable co-workers in a very collaborative environment, this position will also offer the opportunity to develop and/or expand a broad range of scientific, computing, and interpersonal skills.
What you'll do:
- Provide front-line support to a broad range of scientists and programmers
- Answer customer inquiries related to OE tools in a timely manner
- Triage, identify and solve problems regarding the use of OE tools
- Communicate with developers and scientists in a clear, organized, and efficient way
- Organize and participate in meetings to address customer requests as needed
- Support testing of OE applications, toolkits, and Orion, OpenEye's state-of-the-art, cloud-based drug discovery platform
What you should have:
- Master's degree or higher in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or other related fields
- Experience using Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Problem-solving and customer facing skills
- Organized, detailed-oriented and proactive
- Ability to work independently as well as in groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The following are a PLUS, but not required:
- Customer service or support experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Understanding of molecular modeling and drug design
- C++, Python, or Java knowledge
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Please submit your cover letter and resume together, as one document.
OpenEye is passionate about the welfare of its employees and offers competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, fitness allowance, 401k retirement plans, paid vacation, paid sick leave, home internet costs, public transportation reimbursement, flexible working schedule, and much more.