Quality Control Research Associate
At SAB Biotherapeutics (SAB), we’re using the sophistication of science and genius of nature to change the landscape of human health. Our team of scientists, researchers and professionals has made it their life's work–with technology and tenacity–to pioneer a new powerful platform to make an impact that’s global + personal. Through advanced genetic engineering and antibody science, we are dedicated to advancing a new class of immunotherapies, leveraging the native human immune response, with first-in-class and best-in-class potential across broad therapeutic categories including autoimmune, inflammation, infectious disease and immune-oncology. SAB-185, is among the elite therapy candidates for COVID-19, advancing with Operation Warp Speed. As true innovation, our novel platform is also being developed in a rapid response capacity for future pandemic response.
The quality control associate is primarily responsible for conducting analytical assays in QC and maintenance of facilities and equipment in the QC laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform QC analytical assays, including but not limited to: ELISA, PCR, HPLC, aseptic technique, and physical property characterization
· Work under GLP and/or cGMP guidelines
· Maintain accurate QC records, inventories and data spread sheets
· Maintain scientific Laboratory Notebook details as needed
· Write and update related SOPs, data records, and development reports
· Assist in optimizing and developing analytical assays
· Maintain all equipment used in the QC department
· Responsible for scheduled general cleaning of the QC laboratory facilities
· Responsible for general laboratory maintenance including, preparing buffers, ordering and maintaining supplies as needed, keeping track of samples
· Assist others in areas where needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
· Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience
Individual should possess strong communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) as well as the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups.
Basic mathematical skills to consist of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Able to calculate concentrations, dilutions, molarity and basic statistical analysis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and sit. The employee must be able to move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this individual include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will view a computer monitor for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Job requires good physical mobility. Ability to move over 50 pounds by mechanical means. Be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Duties will be performed in normal laboratory and BSL2 laboratory.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.