Director, Global Commercial Development - Oncology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Global Commercial Development (GCD) organization leads the development of the strategic marketing direction of key assets in AbbVie’s pipeline. We have an exciting opportunity for a Director, Hematology, GCD Oncology. The Director will report to the General Manager, Hematology, Global Commercial Development and will be based in our offices in Lake County, IL.
Key responsibilities include:
- Commercial assessments of registration opportunities for the assigned asset(s)
- Quality market insights for selected opportunities organized in a manner consistent with the asset playbook
- To provide strategic & commercial leadership for selected market opportunities to the Global Commercial Teams (GCTs)
- To lead the development of Disease Area Strategies and Early Brand Plans for pipeline assets
- To make recommendations to the GCT to maximize the value of the asset for the selected indications
- To lead the GCTs in gaining market insights to create the Asset Plans for selected market opportunities based on the construct of the Asset Playbook
- To ensure that the depth and quality of market insights are consistent with those laid out in the Asset Plan Resourcing Guide
- To lead the process of developing a target positioning built on target product profiles, key claims and documented market insights
- To produce the commercial assessments and communicate the target product profiles
Critical to the candidate’s success at AbbVie will be to lead by action and live the AbbVie cultural/leadership behaviors. The candidate’s ability to be Decide Smart & Sure while being Agile & Accountable by taking leadership of tough challenges and raising the bar will all be critically important. In order to accomplish this, the candidate must be Clear & Courageous, saying what needs to be said and providing new ways of thinking or doing based on experience in order to Make Possibilities Real. Last & most importantly, be All for One AbbVie by building strong relationships with peers and cross-functional partners by building highly effective working meetings and being visibly inclusive and transparent in all he/she does.
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role/function
- Advanced degree (MBA, PharmD) is preferred
- Experience with Hematology is required
- Pharma, biotech, or consultant firm experience is required
- Previous Commercial Development, Pipeline Management, Marketing and/or Consulting roles
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Strong communication skills
- Presentation skills across a variety of organization levels and disciplines, including senior executives
- Experience with matrix-based teams and project management
- Excellent command of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Self-starter, and proactively drive projects toward successful completion
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and proactively, possess high degree of planning, coordination, project management skills, with demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.