Director, GMCO Chief of Staff, Strategic Planning & Projects
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Director, GMCO Chief of Staff, Strategic Planning and Projects
Global Marketing and Commercial Operations (GMCO) represents a critical global hub for driving our commercial growth strategies and transformation. GMCO’s work sits at a unique intersection where we play a strategic role in AbbVie’s pipeline commercialization and asset strategies, and partner with Affiliates globally in co-creating Global Brand plans, driving unwavering execution, and delivering ambitious Commercial transformation through FutureFit Now.
With an increasing number of launches and strategic initiatives underway, the need to upgrade how we manage our work with more efficiency, alignment, and speed is paramount. To continue our growth trajectory, we are searching for a qualified Strategic Planning and Project Director to work closely with our executive team. This role will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing projects, and communicating objectives between groups.
Reporting to VP, GMCO, this position will serve as Chief of Staff, planning and directing operational activities to ensure the vision and objectives of the GMCO organization are achieved. This position will organize and prioritize critical issues, required information, and oversight to projects of high importance. Additionally, this role will partner closely with the VP, GMCO and his LT as needed to provide operational and strategic support and optimize how we deliver to our strategic priorities, initiatives, and related processes.
- Serves as Chief of Staff for the VP, GMCO ensuring operational excellence across the GMCO organization.
- Partner with GMCO VP and LT to determine and prioritize business strategies and key projects, initiatives, and related processes.
- Oversee the collection, synthesis, and communication of relevant information that informs GMCO strategies.
- Plan, coordinate and keep contents to ensure focused meeting cadences and outcomes.
- Partners closely with other functions to ensure clarity and seamless ways of working between GMCO and other organizations.
- Maximizes opportunities to highlight best practices and shared learnings across GMCO and cross-functional partners to reduce duplication of efforts.
- Ensures processes are in place to support integrated planning, operations, and process execution.
- Leads or represents GMCO on strategic initiatives that have a significant impact to the organization. Ensures that the organization’s voice is represented and works to develop solutions that are optimal for AbbVie and GMCO.
- Develops and maintains business relationships across functional areas across AbbVie to implement frameworks that ensure GMCO expertise, capabilities, and resources are leveraged appropriately across the different portfolio of work.
Develops and delivers executive level presentations covering strategic initiatives, organizational updates, and other critical information.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in business related field preferred. Certification in project management and/or Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- At least 7 years industry experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or other healthcare related field.
- Experience leading broad organizational initiatives and working with cross-functional teams.
- Project management experience on global projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and document complex processes in both written and oral communication.
- Proven track record of anticipating and resolving problems while exhibiting judgement and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues.
- VP GMCO
- GMCO Therapeutic Area VPs, GM Global Customer Excellence
- Director, Ops Excellence and Strategic Initiatives – GCEx, and respective team members
- GMCO Extended LT members
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.