Manager, IT Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Operations Manager – IT Pharmacy
The Operations Manager Information Technology Pharmacy role maintains accountability for confirming that the appropriate processes and quality metrics are in place for all of AbbVie Endocrinology Inc’s (AEI) applications. This role will maintain accountability for providing governance and oversight for all critical and non-critical production services including: Incident, Problem, Demand, Change, Deployment, Release, Service Transition, Audit, Validation and Compliance and Disaster Recovery for applications within area of responsibility. The role will also provide additional guidance and oversight around the prioritization for the execution of Application Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities across AEI’s applications sets like CRM (Salesforce), Pharmacy Management System (ScriptMed), Omnichannel customer Engagement system (Five9, Virtual Observer, Clearview etc.), Analytics, Data warehouse, Quality Issue reporting, Fax, Document Management System (DMS) and integrations with other eco-systems etc.
The Operations Manager IT will drive IT Operations activities within the AbbVie Endocrinology Inc. (AEI) business unit by:
- Responsible for overall operations and governance of AEI’s Applications in line with AbbVie’s Operations and ITIL service delivery framework.
- Measure, Monitor and provide transparency of AEI’s application health to AEI business and leadership.
- Establish and maintain strategic level working relationship with functional counterparts in the Technology Domain teams.
- Serve as the initial contact point for strategic initiatives initiated by Technology Domain teams that require AEI’s Operations support and resources.
- Manage and certify compliance with the Change, Release, Deployment and other Service Transition processes
- Function as overall governance lead to ensure common practices and processes across all AEI applications
- Provide guidance and direction to other professionals, acts in a consulting and/or advisory capacity; coordinates of highly complex problems and tasks, and possesses ability to meet and operate under deadlines
- Responsible for the overall Demand, Budget & Resource management for applications under the area of Interact with the business users, Technology Domain team and Infrastructure team to understand prioritize minor enhancements demand and drive the enhancements with the service provider
- Serve as Primary AbbVie contact point and Primary level of escalation for Incidents and Problems. Assists the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with the Service Provider, Cross-functional teams, Domain teams and Infrastructure teams
- Help manage the relationship with vendors and AbbVie’s internal IT groups to ensure superior service delivery for all application maintenance and activities.
- Monitor, guide and coach staff to ensure team members are consistently managed and challenged to achieve common objective.
- Bachelors degree with 8 years IT experience in a combination of IT roles encompassing application, platform, and/or network technologies
- 3-5 years of direct Information Technology Operations experience involving design, implementation, management, and/or auditing of IT operations or helpdesk within an enterprise environment
- 1-2 Years of experience in a regulated environment (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Financial/Insurance, HealthCare)
- Exposure of with HIPAA covered entities is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL or ITSM framework for IT service delivery
- Fundamental understanding of Pharmaceutical business and awareness to HIPAA guidelines.
- Proven relationship management and influencing skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Program Management capabilities (e.g. Service Delivery, Budget, Performance Management)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.