Finance Supervisor - US Specialty
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Finance Supervisor, US Specialty is responsible for leading the accounting and financial planning & analysis with respect to Actuals, Plans, Updates, Latest Best Estimates (LBE), Long Range Plans (LRP) and Ad-Hoc analysis as needed in order to support the day-to-day operations and strategic plans for part of the Parkinson’s Disease, VP Specialty & US Specialty Portfolio Consolidation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the monthly actuals and month end close activities including balance sheet reconciliations, headcount reporting, variance analysis, as well as a monthly management package with variance commentary and key issues highlighted with high level of independence.
- Lead the planning & LRP process for all P&L expense areas and headcount (i.e. marketing, promotion, sales force, cost of goods, royalty expense, co-pay/voucher, etc.) with some supervision
- Responsible for tracking of promotional/non-promotional budget and analyze monthly actual financial results for the franchise including comparisons against Plan/Update/LBE to highlight risks and opportunities.
- Manage the financial needs and funding for the new assets being launched (ABBV-951)
- Partner with the brand leads to learn the business needs and deliver meaningful insights
- Responsible for the consolidation of the Total US Specialty financial schedules and cycles (LBE, LRP, Plan, etc.)
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and participate on project teams as required. Interact with all levels of management to communicate financial implications, guidance and recommendations.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 6-8 years of progressive and related experience in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholder.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, customer demands and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong PC/system skills; Must be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs; Experience preferred in SAP, Blackline, and TM1
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.