Associate Director, Global Strategy Pricing - Specialty
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Global Strategic Pricing Associate Director will be responsible for translating the value of the asset into optimal pricing strategies for early pipeline or late stage AbbVie assets, to inform strategic business and access decisions.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for informing and shaping the asset strategy (eg clinical development strategy / trial design, TPP, product presentation/device lifecycle, regulatory strategy, HTA target and Integrated Evidence Plan) to ensure reflection of the asset price potential and implications, by proactively engaging and contributing through existing governed processes or decision forums (eg pipeline commercialization model/VAT)
- Contribute to the identification of the asset access value drivers and focus on health care system affordability issues and solutions (eg payment models, funding mechanisms, innovation, access programs/pathways) impacting the asset pricing potential and reflect these into the pricing strategy
- Responsible for providing timely strategic input and shaping the Integrated Access Strategy, to accurately reflect the asset price potential.
- Responsible for translating the value of the asset into optimal asset pricing and for driving timely development of asset price potential and short and long-term global pricing strategy and pricing guidance over the asset lifecycle (eg early price range, late stage pricing strategy, pricing scenarios, pricing corridors, Value Based Agreements strategies), in line with the corporate strategy, brand vision, Integrated Access Strategy and asset value, in close collaboration with the GMAP TA access lead, the HTA lead and the VAT.
- Responsible for identifying and defining pricing hypothesis, scenarios and risk-mitigation strategies to be assessed, supporting the development of the pricing and access strategy and pricing guidance, in collaboration with the operational pricing and analytics, GMAP TA asset lead, HTA lead, area Access Directors, key markets/LBUs access teams, brand teams, Finance, DSG and other relevant key stakeholders; responsible for the methodological approach to be used and closely collaborate with the operational pricing and analytics team in the conduct of qualitative/quantitative pricing analyses.
- Subject matter expert and responsible for conducting pricing studies using appropriate methodologies (eg qualitative and quantitative pricing research using conjoint analyses, economic value potential, Gabor Granger), and engage with external experts, to inform the development of the global pricing strategy and guidance.
- Accountable for ensuring timely discussion and approval of the pricing strategy and guidance by the Executive Pricing Council, in line with the global pricing governance
- Responsible for the roll out (communication, training) of the pricing strategy and guidance as a part of the Integrated Access Strategy.
- Responsible for the asset indication sequence or country launch sequence optimization, in close collaboration with the GMAP TA asset lead, the HTA lead, operational pricing and analytics, and other key partners.
- Support key markets/LBUs in the localization of the Integrated Access Strategy, including the pricing strategy, scenarios and negotiation strategies and mitigation plans, to support affiliates during national and sub-national price negotiations, guiding local team to leverage the identified value drivers, economic tools/pricing value story/objection handling and other existing tools.
- Responsible for timely development of the pricing guidance and for driving strategic pricing input in financial processes (LRP, plan), as well as driving reviews of strategic pricing assumptions with areas/affiliates.
- Proactive engagement and participation into existing decision forums, as core member of the Value and Access Team (VAT); clearly and optimally communicate the pricing strategy and guidance to senior management and in different governance decision forums, as required.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal stakeholders and organizational leaders, in Global Market Access and Pricing (GMAP), Asset Leadership, GMCO, GCD, affiliate and Area Market Access, Finance and DSG.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) or MSc or MPhil (preferred) in Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Health Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, or any other related quantitative field with at least 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry and understanding of access, health economics and commercialization process is preferred
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in the following aspects is required:
- designing or implementing global pricing strategies and scenario assessments
- designing and implementing market access strategies and payer value proposition
- Ability to communicate value drivers supporting pricing initiatives and their impact on business; ability to communicate financial impact of pricing initiatives on overall business objectives are required.
- Ability to synthetize, critically analyze, efficiently communicate large volume of information, develop identify risks, recommendations and implement solutions is required.
- Ability to translate and communicate the organization's strategy, asset value, brand vision and access strategy into innovative pricing strategy is preferred.
- Ability to consistently provide clear and concise written and verbal communication, excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to manage workload to meet critical deadlines under challenging time constraints
- Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience. Requires high levels of competence, confidence, and credibility. Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required
- Experience interacting with P&R agencies and knowledge of top key markets health care systems and/or pricing regulations (EU5, Canada, Japan, US) is highly desirable
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written) is required
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.