Senior Cost Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AP16 is one of AbbVie’s critical manufacturing sites and a packaging center of excellence that packages nearly all of AbbVie’s key products, including Humira, HCV (Viekira/Mavyret), Imbruvica, Elagolix, Venetoclax, Duopa, and Ubrelvy. AP16 Finance is responsible for the financial control, reporting and analysis of the AP16 Manufacturing Operation. The team provides financial support to manufacturing operations as well as Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Engineering, Materials Management, and IT support functions.
The Senior Cost Analyst is responsible for financial accounting, cost allocation, collection of data and preparation of reports that maintain AbbVie’s cost accounting systems for businesses supported.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads and reviews month-end processes for businesses supported. Includes but not limited to inventory reconciliation, manufacturing variance analytics and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Leads plant reviews and understands the growth/performance of their business and analyzes variances of actuals vs plan.
- Financial support for Plan and Update. Flash/LBE (Latest Best Estimate) preparation. Review and understand variances from Plan/Update/LBE.
- Responsible for assisting Operations team in the Monthly Operations Review, identification of areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting and periodic analysis of operations performance.
- Standard Cost Analysis and Development: Prepare, coordinate, and develop standards for assigned business unit or product family, and ensure timely communication of information.
- Maintain internal controls and account reconciliations for respective business unit inventory to ensure appropriate inventory valuation and safeguards.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support complex decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA desirable.
- Minimum 4-6 years of finance/accounting.
- Knowledge and proficiency in systems, particularly MS Excel and SAP, is critical.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Corporate Financial Manual (CFM) and the ability to apply the correct policy to business issues.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and achieve required timelines.
- Familiarity with standard cost variance analysis preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.