SAP Quality Management Business Systems Consultant
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This position will be responsible for defining, designing, and delivering SAP centric solutions that enable and enhance AbbVie’s processes in the Quality Management (SAP-QM) space. Ensure high quality solutions are built that meet current and anticipated business needs. Responsibilities include partnering with various stakeholders (business leadership, partner BTOs, and project management), provide guidance to technical teams, drive effective issue management and effective communication with key stakeholders.
The candidate will be responsible to evaluate alternatives to satisfy business objectives, estimate and plan projects. The candidate will be involved in solving complex problems that arise during the planning and execution of different IT programs and projects as well as managing SAP support activities.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Understands organization's vision, goals, and strategies. Aligns department priorities appropriately, determines critical success factors, evaluates, and pursues initiatives based on fit with strategies.
- Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and best practices.
- Assess near-term needs utilizing structured interview processes to establish business priorities, consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Partner with business unit IT to formulate application strategies and roadmaps.
- Define templates, standards, and patterns to be used across project teams.
- Anticipates and recommends technical solutions to business problems. Accountable for maintainability, reliability, and availability of systems solutions relative to business expectations.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Manages employees/contractors, direct/indirect at varying levels of the Project Management job family.
- Operates within well-defined expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred and degree in Information Systems is preferred.
- Must have a proven track record and process expertise with solution design in SAP Quality Management, Batch Management (including derivation), Inventory Management, Logistics, and integration with other SAP Modules and non-SAP solutions.
- Strong knowledge of SAP QM integration with PP/PI, Supply chain (LO, WM, MM), Sales (SD), Purchasing processes, and other SAP capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of integration of SAP to non-SAP systems such as LIMs, Track and Trace, and others.
- Strong understanding in developing complex interfaces.
- Expertise in business processes, systems configuration, enhancements, and master data elements.
- SAP S/4HANA experience is preferred.
- Managing SAP projects and teams; working knowledge of all aspects of the SAP ASAP methodology including Applications, Integration, Data, Security, Change Management, Training, and Communications.
- Hands-on experience planning and facilitating blueprint workshops.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in high stress and high-pressure situations.
- Effective communication and influencing Leaders in business and IT.
- Critical Thinking.
- Coaching and mentoring business and IT resources to ensure effective and sustainable application designs.
- Team Player – Must know how to collaborate with a variety of diverse backgrounds in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Ability to travel globally.
- This is an SAP QM opportunity and successful candidates require hands-on SAP QM experience. Applicants without solid SAP QM experience will not be considered.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.