Senior Financial Analyst, Business Technology Solutions
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the financial planning and analysis with respect to Actual, Plan, Update, LBE, LRP and various analysis to support the day-to-day operations and strategic plans for areas within the BTS organization.
- Responsible for the planning (Plan/LBEs/LRP) and reporting processes for BTS Enterprise System (including Corporate Services) areas:
- Analyze monthly actual financials including comparisons against Plan/Update/LBEs to highlight risks and opportunities.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly close activities.
- Prepare key management reports (including monthly actuals) emphasizing historical results, budgets, forecasts, and trends.
- Responsible to process and analyze the resource recoveries against projects for BTS Enterprise Systems (including Corporate Services) and Operations.
- Responsible to support the Project Management Office with planning and reporting processes for capital expenditures and projects related to Operations and Corporate-funded projects.
- Meet all financial reporting requirements for BTS HQ and Corporate. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and business policies and procedures.
- Interact with all levels of management including BTS VPs, Directors, and Managers, BTS FP&A, and Accounting COE.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested by management or by a functional area. Participate on project teams as required.
- Serve as collaborative business partner to the supported areas and help to identify and execute process development and improvements within the organization.
- B.A/B.S Degree in Finance
- 6-8 years FP&A or Financial reporting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- SAP General Ledger experience
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Strong set of analytical skills; high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet tight timelines and balance workload/multiple projects.
- Build effective relationships with peers and cross functionally with business partners to enable higher performance.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Quick learner and grasps the “essence”; can change course quickly when needed.
- Continually seeks process improvements; challenges the status quo.
- Able to connect unrelated concepts, generates original or unique ideas.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.