Senior Technology Engineer, Active Directory
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This role leads technical projects related to Active Directory and Directory Services and the supporting infrastructure. Includes interaction with multiple technology and service providers for implementation and operational services as well as interaction with application development teams for authentication/directory services application integration.
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement software and technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Keeps key stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Matures and leverages relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with AbbVie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable corporate and divisional policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree and typically 12 years of experience, Master’s Degree and typically 10 years of experience. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline.
- Experience with Microsoft MIM.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.