Associate Director Finance GMCO Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Associate Director, Finance
The primary objective of this position is to provide financial leadership for all Immunology assets for GMCO and GCD. Specifically, this position is responsible for financial planning and analysis related to LRP, Plan, Update, LBE, decision-making support and recommendations to Senior Management. The incumbent will collaborate cross functionally and cross geographically, will take into consideration market dynamics, market share, market access and resourcing to monitor and plan asset performance (on market and launch assets). In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the financial statements and staff development as required.
- Drive monthly, quarterly, and annual Plan, LRP and LBEs as required, including Sales, P&L, headcount forecasts, using planning system and incorporates review changes of both financial and operating management.
- Strategic partner for target functions - provide clear and concise narrative, robust financials and deliverables that can be reviewed with Executive management.
- Partner with cross-functional and international stakeholders, Commercial Areas, GCF, Market Access, GCD and GMA contacts to track and analyze on market asset performance. This includes the development of commercial models to monitor and plan the elements of the brand performance.
- Assist in asset launch preparation through the development of clear brand guidance, SG&A investment analysis and volume scenarios.
- Support ad hoc analysis as required such Min/Max volume for S&OP, Brand TA LBE, support quarterly earning preparation, and companywide initiatives.
- Support and contribute to R&D funds allocation process like Portfolio, Governance by providing sound financial inputs and P&Ls for pipeline products
- Staff Development – Responsible for delegating to and coaching a staff of employees to ensure an optimal level of support to the business and provide coaching and career development opportunities to sustain a high performing staff. Develop career development strategies within GMCO Finance.
- Individual is expected to successfully perform all responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation and autonomy
- Requires 7-10 years progressive FP&A experience in the pharma industry, at different level (affiliate, region, area, global or US)
- Management experience & focus on development of direct report and extended staff
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Ability and desire to proactively search out and evaluate business problems and opportunities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, able to summarize complex business dynamics into deliverables for executives
- Ability to operate independently, lead multiple processes and meet tight deadlines while balancing competing priorities
- Technical skills, knowledge of systems such as TM1/Aspire
- Bachelor’s or Master´s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Multi-division experience and knowledge of the financial planning process
GMCO Finance Director, GMCO Finance Leadership Team, GMCO and GCD TA VP’s, Marketing Directors GMCO/GCD, GM’s TA GMCO/GCD, GMCO/GCF Finance Team, Area Finance
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.