Director, IT - GPO
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The position will provide overall program leadership to manage and coordinate a multitude of inter-related IT project activities globally (enterprise wide IT - US based and International affiliates) within resource and financial constraints and changing priorities to ensure successful completion of Mergers, Acquisition and Divestitures. Position will work directly with executive management from both the business (corporate and operating functions) and IT to establish and/or implement strategies, goals, and program plans.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Complete due diligence reviews for potential merger and acquisition targets. Directly accountable to VP AbbVie IT, Sr. Director of PPM, and AbbVie Transition Organization for these activities.
- Develop detailed integration plans and strategies for merger and acquisition deals, including integration budgets and timelines. Directly accountable to AbbVie Transition Organization for these activities.
- Lead disentanglement and dis-synergies process for divestitures, acquisitions, mergers and/or internal consolidation and integration projects.
- Obtains and directs authorized resources to make certain that all activities are performed as planned.
- Obtains and directs authorized resources to make certain that all activities are performed as planned. Gather lessons learned and incorporate in to the playbook; for future mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Direct responsibility for IT portion of the playbook.
- Responsible for obtain final program/project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Measures performance to assure the program and its projects are progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Assesses impact and degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect the program. Leads corporate and division senior executive management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution.
- 4 year degree.
- Total combined minimum experience required is 10 - 15 years.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.