Commercial Litigation Project Assistant
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie’s Commercial Litigation group supports AbbVie’s global business, in a wide range of areas, including antitrust litigation, Employment litigation, contract litigation, governmental investigations, product liability litigation, and shareholder litigation. We have an enriching opportunity for a Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant based in North Chicago, Illinois. This position will support the Commercial Litigation team and will report to the Commercial Litigation Paralegal Supervisor.
- Assist Commercial Litigation paralegals in the discovery process, including issuing legal holds orders; data preservation, collection and tracking; arranging witness interviews; and assisting with deposition and trial preparation;
- Assist in responding to subpoenas, wage loss verifications and requests for information;
- Assist in handling, preparing and processing of general administrative matters, including bates labeling, copying, redacting, letter preparation and filing;
- Responsible for updating various contact lists and verifying/updating data in various databases;
- Provides back-up general administrative support to the attorneys and paralegals in AbbVie’s Commercial Litigation function, including answering phones, managing calendars, meeting/event planning and handling tele-conference set ups;
- Create and provide monthly, periodic and special request reports;
- Utilization of research tools, including Lexis and Pacer;
- Represents Division internally to clients and externally to outside counsel and other vendors.
- Education: Some college or associates degree; paralegal certificate or training preferred
- Prefer 1 – 3 years of experience within a law firm or legal department of a corporation, preferably in a litigation setting.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of business processes and requirements.
- General knowledge of legal terminology desired.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented individual with high work standards.
- Must be organized, have the ability to prioritize work and multi-task on projects.
- Must exercise independent judgment, discretion, maturity and ethical integrity.
- Candidate must possess strong communication skills, writing skills and analytical skills.
- Team player who can also work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.