Business Systems Consultant – SAP Supply Chain Solutions
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Business Systems Consultant – SAP Supply Chain Solutions
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie
This position will be part of the SAP Supply Chain Center of Excellence(COE), and will be responsible for defining and delivering SAP centric solutions that support Planning, Distribution and Logistics requirements across the globe.
The Business Systems Consultant is expected to be a Solution and Subject Matter Expert in Planning, Distribution, and Logistics processes, preferably in a regulated life sciences environment.
The position is responsible for working closely with AbbVie business stakeholders to understand and capture business capability requirements, as it relates to the Planning, Distribution and Logistics functions, and collaborate closely with Supply Chain Architects and the Build team to translate the requirements into sustainable and scalable IT solutions.
Responsibilities also include evaluating alternatives to satisfy business objectives, and planning SAP Supply Chain projects. The position is responsible for partnering with business leadership and project management, providing guidance to technical teams, and driving effective issue management and communication to key stakeholders, in pursuit of enabling successful business outcomes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead complex, global systems projects that support the Planning, Distribution, and Logistics business functions.
- Act as the solution SME for the PP-PI, MM and LE SAP modules.
- Develop Solution Design, and Functional Requirements documentation.
- Ensure a high level of quality in the solutions delivered by the Build teams.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing activities for projects.
- Deliver ongoing functional application consulting support.
- Manage and direct the activities of contractors, consultants, and other third parties, while maintaining accountability for project deliverables.
- Work with cross-functional teams , including other IT and business stake holders, to ensure the successful planning and execution of systems projects.
- Partner with business unit IT to formulate application strategies and roadmaps.
- Identify and implement ongoing opportunities for system and process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience including 5 years hands on SAP configuration and implementation.
- End-to-end business process knowledge in supply chain processes.
- Expert level knowledge in SAP Production Planning, Materials Management, and Logistics Execution modules.
- Experience in integrating SAP with external Planning Solutions(preferably JDA/Blue Yonder).
- Managing SAP projects and teams; working knowledge of all aspects of the SAP ASAP methodology including Applications, Integration, Data, Security, Change Management, Training, and Communications.
- Hands-on experience planning and facilitating blue print workshops.
- Extensive experience with developing complex interfaces.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in high stress and high pressure situations.
- Effective communication and influencing Senior Leaders in business and IT.
- Critical Thinking.
- Ability to travel globally.
- Experience in implementing EDI integrations with 3PL providers.
- Experience with handling Idocs (EDI), background job (using Autosys), SAP system life cycle (SLC), documentation (in Solution Manager), testing (Quality Center).
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. GMP).
- Exposure to Digital Supply Chain enablement technologies including Robotic Process Automation(RPA), Internet of Things(IoT), and Big Data / AI.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.