Manager, Cloud Data Platform Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
US Commercial BTS Data Strategy is a broad strategic framework to manage and govern strategic data assets, establish appropriate organizational skills and tools to analyze data, and to define the key business initiatives over the Long range plan (LRP) that will benefit substantially from data driven decision making.
The role of Manager, Cloud Data Platform Operations, will report into US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization, formerly IT organization and will be responsible for aligning data & platform operations across US Commercial, Health Economic Outcomes Research (HEOR) and US Medical Affairs (USMA).
The role will provide Commercial Data Lake team support across key business initiatives. The role will also act as BTS data custodian for various functional data 360 ecosystems. The role will manage IT support for cloud data operations and support access and onboarding on US Commercial Data Lake (CDL) environment.
- Maintain platform specific execution plans for Commercial Data Lake and Commercial Data warehouse. Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the architecture can scale and evolve accordingly
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and Strategy group to establish operational planning and governance framework and operationalize an infrastructure support model for commercial data platforms.
- Own all platform operations processes, tools, and resources required to support high availability, on-prem and cloud based big data platforms.
- Oversee monitoring processes shared by our vendors and internal groups to ensure a comprehensive maintenance process and implement daily reporting.
- Manage end user support and facilitate communication across work streams to ensure satisfaction in troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Monitor reliability and availability of data and ensure work according to benchmark standards.
- Train data platform staff and ensure appropriate maintenance.
- Collaborate with the Data Technology teams (Program, Product, Analysts, Data Architecture, Information Governance, Operational Data, Data Acquisition, Analytics and Infrastructure) to support and innovate on the Enterprise Data Warehouse platforms.
- Work with infrastructure and platform engineering team to manage EDW, Hadoop, AWS data lake platforms and environments, including service-level, access, capacity and availability management.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing, big data, information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and SDLC processes. Atleast 2 years of Pharmaceutical Data management experience in Commercial data & analytics, or Real World Evidence data and analytics.
- Proven delivery history in Data Management Programs. Broad knowledge of Data technologies and processes; Cloud, Unstructured, Big Data, MDM, Data Quality, Batch Cycles/ETL. Excellent understanding of Data warehousing architecture and technology, with delivery focus
- The selected candidate must be a trusted partner within BTS organization and exhibit strong influencing skills across the organization. The selected candidate must also exhibit a passion for staying abreast of the latest trends and technologies in the data and analytics space.
- Superb interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written
- Solid relationship management skills;
- Strong capacity to follow through, work independently and deliver a consistently high level of service
- Ability to juggle projects and prioritize accordingly
- Work collaboratively within a team environment
- Lead technical teams in a matrix environment. Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
- Passionate about identifying and solving problems for customers with the ability to uncover business needs through direct interaction as well as quantitative or qualitative research to define compelling solutions
- Ability to communicate with architects regarding technical design trade-offs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance
- Experience with Pharmaceutical and life sciences companies in similar roles managing data strategy for commercial, RWE and Payor Analytics IT systems and processes is an added advantage
- Configuration of the AWS cloud management; Configure and fine-tune the cloud infrastructure systems; monitoring and managing cloud services carefully
- Experience with capacity & cost planning i.e. correctly size cloud or CPU instances to ensure cost optimization, throughput/ latency requirements for a high-processing compute I/O requirements
- Automate, deploy, handle, and maintain cloud-based AWS production systems
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS - EMR, Cloudera etc.
- Hands on Experience with at least one of each, relational and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, S3, Redshift, Cassandra, Marklogic, Dynamo DB etc.
- Experience with at least one of the data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Oozie, Autosys etc.
- Enterprise experience in implementing cloud-based solution stitching custom and managed services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, Kinesis, Databricks etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: R, Python, Scala etc.
- Experience managing & implementing high compute processes such as ML models, processing high volume data (in TB)
- Implementation experience with ML platforms such as AWS Sage Maker, TensorFlow etc.
- Experience with one of the ML build tools such as Dataiku, Knime, Alteryx etc.
- AWS DevOps Track Certifications Preferred.
BTS Enterprise Strategy, BTS Info Research, USMA, HEOR, US Commercial Operations MABI and Payor Analytics, Functional BTS and Business owners Only maximum of 255 characters allowed.Comments
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.