Research Nurse Practitioner - Aesthetics
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
At the on-site research center, under physician supervision, provides clinical services within the scope of licensing according to standardized medical procedures, and conduct clinical research in accordance to GCP, CFR and study protocol. Provide training to and support external clinical trial site’s personnel on device usage and clinical procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Assess, plan, implement and monitor individual patient care appropriate to the patient.
- Evaluate potential study subjects per protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Conduct informed consent process.
- Perform treatment, monitoring, and post-treatment assessment.
- Complete charting and required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Promote a safety-conscious work force and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Ensure a friendly and orderly environment that fosters clinical research activities that conform to GCP and CFR.
- Assist in subject recruitment activity.
- Support external clinical trials by providing training and support in device usage and clinical procedure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ZELTIQ complies.
- License to practice within state of California, as a NP or PA .
- BCLS required, ACLS preferred.
- Familiarity with aesthetic medicine and practice.
- Demonstrate a strong customer-oriented attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Occasional flexibility in work hours, including weekends, may be required. Up to 20% traveling.
- Experience in clinical research is preferred.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to analyze a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and interpret various abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read technical and clinical literature and documents and extract important concepts.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Requires regular presence in a (clinical or engineering or animal) laboratory setting where protective equipment or other health and safety measures and training are required to protect against chemical, biological or other hazards. Noise levels may be moderate to high.
ZELTIQ is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.