Associate Director, Global Project Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products — Imbruvica, Venclexta, and Empliciti — and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in nearly 200 clinical trials in 19 different types of cancer.
AbbVie is expanding its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. This position is based at AbbVie in Redwood City, CA location.
- Drive and contribute to Asset Team (Asset Development Team / Asset Leadership Board) strategies and aligned execution-Serves as a core member of the Asset Team and coordinates Asset Team activities and deliverables-Actively contributes to cross-functional Asset Team discussions both from a PM functional perspective, and a cross-functional strategic perspective-In partnership with the PL, leads and coordinates Asset Team development of the cross-functional Asset Strategy
- Ensures clear translation of asset strategy to integrated execution plans across Asset Team sub-teams-Drives a coordinated approach across Asset sub-team project managers to ensure aligned execution of the asset strategy
- Partner with Project Planners to ensure accurate, up to date asset level timelines and reporting-Accountable for partnering with the project planners to ensure that Asset Team time-Partners with project planners for scenario analysis and associated analytics for asset plans lines reflect asset strategy and current status-Ensures that dashboard reports are timely and accurate
- Identify, communicate and manage asset risks-Partners with the PL to proactively identify, communicate and manage cross-functional asset risks with an All for One AbbVie mindset-Partners with sub-team project managers to ensure transparent identification and communication of sub-team risks-Partners with PL and applies judgment to ensure that the appropriate risks are captured at the Asset Team level and transparently communicated and escalated as appropriate
- Partner with the Project Lead to drive cross-functional Asset Team effectiveness-Drives cross-functional alignment within the Asset Team and structures Asset Team discussions to drive good decision making practices-Supports high performing Asset Team through monitoring and assessing the team’s performance-Actively shares learning and collaborates with other Asset Team PM leads to apply best practices to supported Asset Teams
- Accountable for helping Asset Team navigate the governance process effectively and efficiently and appropriate use of each forum
- 2-3+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a variety of roles associated with drug development (research and development, commercial, project management, operations) with a track record of expertise in one or more therapeutic areas
- Minimum of 1 year supporting cross-functional drug development teams in a core function (Program Management, Commercial, Development, Regulatory, Operations)
- Developing strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Growing knowledge of program management practices in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with both global and regional teams in the pharmaceutical industry
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.