Development Design Director
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Development Design Directors have the breadth of knowledge in clinical development across two or moretherapeutic areas and functions that drives the innovation and value brought to the R&D teams. This isaccomplished by leading Jams for Design, Execution and Site identification as well as ad-hoc requests in collaboration with the analytics and digital team. Design Directors facilitate the use of predictive analytics and real-world data to tailor the analysis and create more robust clinical programs and studies. Actively managesproject team behaviors, mediates team disputes, and facilitates establishment of healthy and high performing teams. The Design Directors are therapeutically aligned and include all pipeline development areas.
- Provides scientific and strategic consultation to R&D by offering real time feedback on the impact of study design choices on costs, timeline, patient selection and recruitment for the AbbVie portfolio.
- Identifies clinical trial design hurdles that impact decision making in drug development across therapeutic areas.
- Improves and standardizes the clinical trial development process across the portfolio.
- Develops strategic recommendations for protocol development, study design and study execution.
- Evaluates the impact of development scenarios on overall timelines and study cost.
- Champions the use of novel statistical analysis including adaptive designs.
- BSN, PharmD, PhD, or MD in a health care or related field
- Drug development, and scientific project leadership or related experience
- Experience of 3+ years related to clinical research, drug development and department operations
- Solid working knowledge of AbbVie and pharma drug development processes
- Recognized contributor in complex scientific analyses, business-related procedures
- Demonstrated leadership skills with broad scientific, strategic, and business-related orientations
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.