Enterprise Priority Director
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Enterprise Priority Director
Purpose: This role is responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Pipeline and Agility Excellence strategy and vision in their assigned Enterprise Critical programs, driving the implementation of best practices through partnership with Clinical Study Leadership and key leaders in other functions. The role will provide collaboration and leadership required to support the implementation of best practices for priority programs as well as strategies identified through other sources and will enable agility, transparent communication, and continuous innovation in their assigned programs. Enterprise Critical assets are defined by the R&D Leadership as those which must be driven with the utmost speed and urgency as they are key pipeline assets with potential to drive long-term growth.
- Partners with the Clinical Study Leadership Program Lead and leadership of other functions to define the desired execution strategies for enterprise critical program(s).
- Defines success strategies.
- Drives innovation, agility, and implementation of execution strategies, working cross-functionally to ensure appropriate support of site activation, subject recruitment, and database lock activities.
- Drives best practices and supports messaging for the field team (ie, site monitors and medical liaisons) and management.
- Supports the pull through of lessons learned to the larger DevOps organization; ensuring processes and tools are updated with the most effective and efficient ways of working.
- Connects with the analytical team to identify data visualization needs and supports the team with program status communication materials.
- Effectively communicates value of study execution tactics based on data and leadership discussion.
- Raise issues/ constraints and mitigation to leadership.
- Develops and manages talent.
- Bachelor's Degree typically in nursing, scientific or equivalent required; Associate's Degree, R.N., or equivalent with relevant experience is acceptable.
- Must have at least 12 years of Pharma-related/clinical research related experience (and/or applicable work experience).
- At least 8 years (and/or applicable work experience) in clinical research demonstrating a high level of core, technical, and leadership competencies through setting and driving study strategy and leading a global team in the management and completion of multiple clinical studies.
- Anticipates opportunities, experience in risk management, decision-making, strategic execution is critical to project and program success and ensuring pipeline decisions can be made on sound data.
- Motivates teams and influences partners; possesses excellent communication and analytical skills; able to form and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Fast learner, fails fast, experience in successful study initiation through study completion, primary data analysis, and in multiple phases of studies (Phase 1-3) in accordance with International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), Global Regulations, Ethics and Compliance.
- Is never satisfied with the status quo, ability to respectfully challenge team members and functions, manage conflict in order to explore all opportunities and options for execution.
- Integral participation in initiatives or advancement strategies for clinical operations.
- Experience in global submissions preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.