Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Innovation
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This role will be responsible for supporting the evaluation and piloting of new innovative technologies, including digital solutions. The position will be accountable to drive and facilitate the operational implementation of innovative technologies in clinical trials in close collaboration with other critical stakeholders (e.g., Digital Health Strategists, clinical teams, Data Sciences, Regulatory, QA, IR, PPS, Legal, Purchasing, Combination Product Development)
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Provide expert consultation supporting innovative technologies for all Therapeutic Areas within Clinical Development Operations
- Effectively leads cross functional discussions regarding innovative technology solutions within clinical development.
- Interact with Digital Health Strategist, Purchasing, Data Sciences, Information Research, Legal, Regulatory and the clinical teams to drive and facilitate digital and innovative technology implementation with respect to vendor bidding, contract initiation, project milestones, timelines, and deliverables during strategic assessment.
- Provide support in training the Clinical Development Operations organization on use of innovative technologies in clinical trials, as well as associated policies and procedures developed.
- Supports the identifications and requirements needed for enterprise-wide and program-specific industry-leading patient- and site-centric digital technologies to improve clinical trial conduct and patient- and site-clinical trial experience.
- Drive and facilitate collection and assessment of patient and site adherence metrics, technical issue reporting and country-specific requirements, to effectively guide future innovative technology selections, in addition to translating Lessons Learned to Process Improvements.
- A minimum of 6 years of global (direct or peripheral) clinical research or project management experience.
- Demonstrates a high level of core and technical competencies through management of various components of clinical research.
- Competent in application of standard business procedures (Standard Operating Procedures) and understand the global environment from an operation’s and regulatory/ (GCP) Good Clinical Practices) perspective.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific field or equivalent with relevant experience is acceptable.
- Possesses good communication skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must have experience effectively working in a matrixed organization.
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.